HOW TO REGISTER
Registration is officially open for summer 2017! To travel with The OC Way, please follow the directions below. The OC Way works with Shorashim, an award-winning trip provider. Because the trips are extremely popular, the best way to help us be able to help you is to sign up and submit your deposit as soon as possible! The sooner you complete your application and refundable deposit, the better your chances are of traveling to Israel on this trip of a lifetime!
What you need:
PART ONE: BIRTHRIGHT ISRAEL APPLICATION
2. Start an application by clicking "Register with Facebook" or by clicking "I don't have a Facebook" if you do not have a Facebook. Birthright Israel will never post anything on your wall or Facebook account.
3. Enter your full name EXACTLY as it appears on your passport. If you do not have a valid passport or do not know your passport number, you can skip this step. However, make sure to apply for a new passport ASAP!
4. Enter the last four digits of your Social Security number, date of birth, and phone number. Please indicate the BEST number to reach you at in this section.
5. If not already selected, choose Shorashim as your Trip Organizer. Get excited because you are making a great decision!
6. Click "take me to the application" after you've completed the first page.
7. On the next page, click the link in the second option to fill out the entire eight part application online. Complete all the questions in sections 1-8 of the application:
8. SUBMIT YOUR DEPOSIT
9. Confirm your email address through the link sent in an email to you.
PART TWO: SHORASHIM APPLICATION
Once you complete your Birthright Israel application, you will receive a secondary application from Shorashim to log in to your Application Status Page within 24 hours. If you do not receive this email, please check your spam or email Shorashim at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Login to the secondary application using the password provided in the welcome email from Shorashim.
2. Select the OC Way trip dates (June 29 - July 10), list friendship requests, and provide emergency contact and medical information.
3. Upload a clear image of your passport using your camera or cell phone. If you don't have a passport yet, it is okay to skip this step and come back to it later.
4. Email Erica at Erica@JFFS.org to set up an interview with a staff person as part of the application process.
PART THREE: NEXT STEPS AND TIPS
1. You will receive an email within six weeks of submitting your application. This email will let you know your trip offering or if you have been placed on our waitlist.
2. To increase your chances of being placed on the trip of your choice, make sure to complete all of the steps above ASAP!
3. Any questions? No problem! Call Erica at (949) 435-3484 or email Erica@JFFS.org
There will be a pre-trip orientation led by The OC Way staff to fully prepare you for your experience and to answer any questions you have prior to departure. What to pack, what to expect, where will we visit, how do I extend my trip, etc. Of course, if you have any questions prior to the orientation, you are welcome to ask Erica@jffs.org.
We understand that traveling to a different country with 40 people that you don’t know can be intimidating. As such, we wish to make the process all the more comfortable by providing Pre-Trip Meetups, where you can meet the staff and all of the other participants in a relaxed setting. Once it’s time for the trip, you’ll have had the chance to build a level of comfort with those you’re traveling with.